Sunday 28 July 2013

Pumpkin Brownies, Pressed Flowers and fun

Hello :)

A couple of things to share with you today .... firstly (because I'm so excited!) I just had to share these Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies with you!


take one home grown pumpkin
(or store bought)


Mash your pumpkin
Make your brownie mix (recipe below), cook and enjoy!

Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies (this is a modified recipe from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup of sugar 
1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
3 tbsp oil (I used macadamia oil)
2 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.  Combine the wet ingredients then mix into dry.
Pour into greased pan (small slice pan if you want thick brownies .. mine are pretty thin).
Cook in preheated oven at 150 degrees celcius (330F)
Leave in pan to cool.



 Here is my gorgeous girl wanting to 'press and dry' some flowers she picked from the garden.
Luckily I still have my microwave flower presser/dryer from when I young!

 She couldn't quite believe the result!
yep its official!  this is my favourite photo in a long time!  I think its just lovely seeing our two hands holding something so gorgeous.

Thanks for stopping by ......
xoxo Carly

2 comments:

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment